Here you will find a summary of the information needed when planning to end your tenancy at Moberly Apartments. You will also find information specific to moving out. You can find more detailed information in the Vacating Tenant Move Out Package or by contacting the office. We hope that you have enjoyed your time living at Moberly Apartments and would recommend us to your friends and family or consider us in your future rental needs. Feel free to leave us an online review.
NOTICE TO VACATE
We must receive your Notice to Vacate in writing no later than the last day of the month in the month prior to vacating. For example, if you will be ending your tenancy on July 31st, your written Notice To Vacate must be received by Moberly Apartments no later than June 30th.
We will try to show your apartment between 11am-5pm on weekdays only to start. During this time we ask that you try to keep your suit clean and presentable to help improve showings. The quicker we can rent it, the less we have to inconvenience you with showings. A staff member will be present for all showings.
We understand that the end of tenancy and moving can be hectic and stressful. We have found most move outs are trouble free if you follow a few simple steps.
One Month Prior to Moving
- Contact management to receive the Vacating Tenant Move Out Package and set up a time for the condition inspections
- Make reservations with your moving company, truck rental, or friends
- Advise management of your moving date, provide forwarding address, and book the elevator (reservation form below)
- Contact utility providers to cancel or transfer services
- Get boxes and start packing!
- Now is a great time to start cleaning as well
Two preliminary condition inspections will be conducted. These are done in order to gauge the cleaning required prior to vacating. Refer to the Vacating Tenant Move Out Package for detailed cleaning instructions and options to have your apartment cleaned for you.
Move Out Day
- Complete final condition inspection
- Return all applicable keys and garage remote (suite, common door, mailbox, bike room)
- Remove bikes from the bike room
Check out time is 1:00 PM on the last day of the month. You must remove all contents from your apartment and have everything cleaned and vacated by then. The Vacating Tenant Move Out Package contains detailed information on the required cleaning.
Please complete the following form to reserve an elevator at least two weeks before moving out.
*You will be contacted to confirm that the requested date and time is available.